Platelet-rich plasma therapy uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets to increase the healing of injured tissues of the skin, promotes collagen production and increase the health of the skin. It uses an individual patient’s own system to improve musculoskeletal muscle. They are ready by taking anywhere from one to a few tubes of the patient’s blood. This generates growth factors which stimulate and enhance the number of reparative cells your body creates.
Indications on when PRP is needed
Platelets are body cells which helps the tissue in repairing and producing new cells. PRP is the best option when you notice the below listed symptoms or indications:
- Tired skin around the mouth area
- Visible fine lines and skin folds
- Dull and sagged skin
- Hollowed cheeks
- Uneven skin tone
- Skin which lacks moisture
- Loose skin
- Skin with no volume
- Lacks brightness and glow
- Dull lips
- Nasolabial folds
You need to consult a good skin doctor if you see any of the above signs of aging. If issues are being recognized and sorted on time, then there will not be any further complications. Sometimes because of shortage of time, small problems become big issues. So, without any delay consult a reputed dermatologist immediately.
Some of the amazing benefits provided by PRP therapy are:
- No chances of infection as the platelets are made from patient’s blood
- This therapy is a non-invasive and a non-surgical procedure
- The process is a quick process, and it takes very less time
- The results are very long-lasting
- No chances of allergic reaction as the ingredients are produced naturally by the body
The procedure of PRP injectables are as shown:
- Blood is drawn from a vein in the patient’s arm into a vial
- The blood is processed using a centrifuge machine.
- A doctor prepares the centrifuged platelet-rich plasma for injection.
- The affected joint area is cleansed with disinfectants such as alcohol or iodine.
- If ultrasound is being used, a special gel will be applied to an area of skin near the injection site.
- The patient is asked to relax; this will facilitate the injection and also can make the injection less painful.
- Using a syringe and needle, the doctor injects a small amount (often just 3 to 6 mL) of platelet-rich plasma into the joint capsule.
- The injection area is cleaned and bandaged.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medicine after the PRP procedure.
- The treated area of the face needs to be iced to avoid bruising later
- Avoid any heavy work. It is best to take a day off for few days after the procedure
PRP involves injecting a substance into the skin, there may be minor side-effects. It includes:
- Bit swelling may occur in the treated area
- Minor bruises at the treated areas
- Minor numbness at the area
- Slight redness at the treated area
Although minor side-effects are associated, the results will be really dramatic. And it will be worth going through all these.
If you wish to have a flawless skin which looks natural and radiant, go for PRP therapy today. Visit a good dermatologist or a good skin doctor to go for the best PRP therapy.