Introduction to IPL Photo facial
IPL is known as Intense Pulsed Light. It is a laser technique in modern dermatology which is used to treat several skin diseases. Intense Pulsed Light is helpful for the treatment of brown/black spots, such as sun damage, age spots, and any other dots.
Indications – When you need to have Photo facial!
If one has a spot on his/her face, neck, chest, upper shoulder, arms, and the back of hands; he/she should consider Photo facial treatment. IPL is also used in the medication of redness, including broken blood vessels, rosacea, generalized redness, and facial flushing.
IPL Photo facial Pre-Procedure
- Daily Moisturize your skin, refrain from much exposure of skin to the sun and always wear the sunscreen whenever you go out.
- Quit smoking at least 6 weeks prior to Photo facial.
- Refrain from consuming aspirin, some anti-inflammatory drugs and any medication which is herbal and can result in an increase of bleeding.
- Avoid consuming some antibiotics as well as application of topical creams like retinoids (Retin-A) which can cause skin irritation.
- Herpes Virus suffering patients may be asked to take antivirus medication to minimize the possibility of an outbreak on the day of the procedure.
- Hydration of the body and skin is important before the treatment.
IPL Photo facial Procedure
The laser supplies a beam in an extremely small wavelength. Though the light used in an IPL Photo facial session is a wide spectrum but is yet immensely powerful and intense.
The intensity of IPL machine strikes the skin’s surface where it removes damage and enters below the surface, where it refreshes collagen production. One must use a rejuvenating pack.
The collagen is a natural protein which provides skin volume and elasticity. The new collagen produced will add cushioning to the skin, which is restored, thereby giving it a healthier and younger look.
The condition can be effectively managed by both non-invasive and invasive mesotherapy. It has different types of gels that enter through laser technology.
IPL Photo facial Post Procedure
- Daily moisturize the skin post-treatment with a gentle moisturizer.
- Mild cleanser along with warm water should be used twice a day
- The most important thing after the treatment is to be regular in the application of 30+ SPF sunscreen.
- Microdermabrasion facial is advised after 2 to 3 weeks of treatment. These facial hydrates the skin removing the dead skin and giving you healthy glowing skin.
How long does IPL Photo facial take? – Sessions required
IPL Photo facial sessions are done in a series. Each treatment takes about 20 minutes to an hour, but it also depends upon the volume of skin being treated. Generally, patients get three to six treatments in one month. Also, the length of each treatment differs with the tool which is being used and the amount of skin being treated.
Benefits of IPL Photo facial
IPL Photo facial gives results to make skin look refreshing and rejuvenated. It especially helps in following conditions.
- Makes skin texture silky and shiny
- Shrinks pores
- Decreases facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Promotes collagen production
- Recovers from skin redness and flushing
- Minimizes pigmented spots
- Removes spider veins
Side-effects of IPL Photo facial
IPL Photo facial has little side-effects too. They show up immediately after the process or may come after a few days.
- Redness – It is common and is very mild. It usually goes away after a few hours.
- Bruising – This is an uncommon and usually subsides within few days.
- Crusting – It is normal and temporary. If any dark spots were treated, they will grow hard first and then will start to flake.
- Mild swelling – It may develop but one can use an ice pack to prevent this.
IPL photo facial treatment results are perfect when done by experts. It rejuvenates the skin and minimizes damage from the sun thereby giving smooth and glowing tone.
If you wish to get a blemish-free and a radiant skin that has a natural glow, opt for photo facial from a renowned and an expert dermatologist. You can also visit a good skin doctor or a famous dermatologist. Getting the appropriate treatment at an early stage is the best thing one can do. Get in touch with us today.