Botox, fillers, and injectables are some of the most common treatments for wrinkles and expression lines. Anti-wrinkle injectables have anti-aging properties of the botulinum toxin. It is the most effective treatment to smooth out the lines around the face without any surgery. It loses muscles and prevents skin from creasing and causing wrinkles.
Every person tends to develop wrinkles because of the natural aging process, specially on the areas of the body that are exposed to the sun, like the face, neck, arms etc. In general, these aging signs develop between the age of 30 and 50 as the skin loses moisture and volume.
There are some known reasons for the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. These are:
- Genetics are known to play an important role in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Other than genetics, sun exposure seems to be another big cause.
- Habits like smoking and consuming alcohol causes the skin to lose elasticity and so wrinkles and fine lines looks more prominent.
- Unbalanced diet and sedentary lifestyle are other causes.
- Stress is another big factor.
Medical remedies for wrinkles
If you are concerned about the appearance of your skin, visit a skin doctor who is specialized in skin conditions. The doctor will first examine your skin, understand your medical history, lifestyle, food habits etc. and suggest treatments that suits your skin.
Some treatments a dermatologist might recommend for wrinkles are:
- Topical medical treatments like antioxidants and vitamin A retinoids
- OTC wrinkle creams
- Laser resurfacing of the skin
- Injection of soft-tissue fillers or dermal fillers
- Skin-tightening procedures like Ultherapy
- Deep peels like chemical peels
Some complications that are temporary and appears only on the area of injection are:
- Mild bruising in the treated area
- Slight headache
- Mild face pain
- Swelling at the injection site
- Skin tightness
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling of needles
These complications are temporary and generally subsides after a couple of days. Consult a good cosmetologist or an expert cosmetic dermatologist if you experience any of these and other kind of discomfort during or after the procedure. You can also visit a good skin clinic or the best skin doctor for best results.
The best and most important reason why you need such treatment is that you may look 10-15 years younger than before!